Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tofu I Love You Naked

There's this vegan restaurant out in Silverlake called Flore Vegan and its one of my fav places to eat.  Everytime I go there I always get something good. There is nothing bad. Not even the bathroom smells bad.  I am in major admiration of this place. 

So, for the past several months I have been trying to perfect their baked tofu.  You can add this to anything, sandwiches, burritos, salads, etc.  Its not easy, but I think I got it.  Now, just to let you know, I've propositioned one of the workers there and they told me it was a secret. This made me very intrigued and the challenge was on!  

Here we go!

TOFU I LOVE YOU NAKED

Pack of firm tofu
Olive oil
Ponzu sauce
Nutritional yeast

Take the tofu from out of the package and wash it. Next slice the tofu in half from the sides. Basically you're getting two in one.

Next, in a baking pan place the tofu and drizzle with olive oil, ponzu sauce and nutritional yeast.  Marinate it for about 10 minutes, let it soak it. 

Pre heat the oven at 450.  Let it bake for an hour or so. This is going to be tricky because tofu hold so much water that it starts to expel water when its baking, so watch carefully.  Every so often remember to baste the tofu as well. 

When it looks like its nice a golden brown take it out and let it sit for out for 30 min.

You are now ready to experience Naked Dude Chef's version of Flore Vegan's baked tofu. 


Chop chop!

Naked Dude Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment