Saturday, December 4, 2010

Naked Dude Chef's Double Whammy Taco's

I've been addicted to taco's lately.  I don't know what it is about taco's but I can eat them forever. After this I will have a taco. Before I go to sleep tonight I will have a taco. When I wake up in the morning I will, you know.

I love all taco's. There is no one taco I will leave untouched. Seriously, my birthday is coming up and if you were to get a taco I'd probably ask you to get me two. Haha, no seriously.

So, I decided to make my own taco. I hope you enjoy this.  It's double wrapped with *cashew cheese and guacamole sauce.  You heard me.  Try it out, I think you'll wanna wear a sombrero.

Also, if you've never had cashew cheese you might be wondering what I'm talking about. Its amazingly good.  I really don't eat dairy anymore, because it makes my bloat.  I know, I know. But, I guarantee you that once you try this you will want to add it to your food, recipes, cooking, etc. Below is a link to a generic cashew cheese.  I have a special recipe that I won't give away right now.  ;)

http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=26259.0

NAKED DUDE CHEF'S DOUBLE WHAMMY TACO'S

2 Hard taco's
2 Flour Soft taco's

Veggie ground, really ground
1/2 White onion, diced
1 Potato, diced
6 Regular Mushrooms, chopped
1 Green onion, chopped
3 Garlic cloves, chopped
1/2 Jalapeno, diced

1/2 cup Spinach, chopped 
1 Carrot, shredded
1 Beef Steak tomato, diced
*Cashew cheese spread
1 Avocado, mashed for guacamole sauce
Salsa
Fresh Limes


1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
Black pepper 
Salt to taste
Coconut oil

First, in a pan on medium heat add some coconut oil.  Then throw in the veggie grounds. Get the veggie grounds really sizzling.  After that, set it aside.

Next, in another pan add some coconut oil on medium heat. Then throw the potatoes in. Add some water so that they can cook properly and not stick.  When the potatoes are semi done, add the white onions, garlic, mushrooms, green onions and jalapeno. Get that mixture nicely sauteed.  Now add the nutritional yeast, black pepper and salt. (Note: Watch the salt. I'm not a big fan of a lot of salt. Plus, the veggie grounds may already have sodium in it)  After that's done, let it cool off a bit and mix the veggie grounds in.

Now, lets grab that avocado. Scoop out the insides and put it in a bowl and begin to mush. We're making guac but not really.  Its going to be more of a sauce, so that's where the limes come in. Get about 2 limes and squeeze the heck out of them and add it to the guac. Then add a little bit of salsa.  You can buy salsa at the store or make it. I got lazy here guys, I bought it. ;)  After that's done, move into this next phase...The tortilla's!

*****MUSIC BREAK - Right now, I'm listening to T. Rex. Its pretty awesome while I cook cause I get into the groove man. ALRIGHT BACK TO THE TACO'S!******

In a large pan, take out two soft tortillas, I like using flour cause its softer. Heat the tortilla and flip it on both sides a couple times until it browns some and gets really soft.  take that one out and put the other one on. Go fast!  Get the *cashew cheese and spread it on the tortilla.  Then grab the hard shell taco and form the soft to the hard, making it stick. Do the same to the other tortilla.

Now, we're ready to make some miracles. Grab the double wrapped tortilla and add the veggie ground mixture as the first layer inside the taco. Next add the chopped spinach, then layer it with the shredded carrots and top it off with the tomatoes. Then, drizzle the guacamole sauce over the taco and OLE!

Oooo, I am going to eat this Mexi-Madness!




TEQUILA~!!!

Naked Dude Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment