Friday, November 19, 2010

Naked Dude Chef's Liver Cleansing Salad

Ahhh, the liver cleanse.  This would be one of my most favorite salads. Not only because it tastes amazing, but the wonders it does for your liver.

I recently had a gout attack. This is my second.  The first was over 15 years ago, when I was 225lbs.  Since then, I've maintained a weight of 160lbs-165lbs.  This gout attack was caused by a few things. A little too much alcohol (I love to drink), not drinking enough water and having an excessive amount of meat, in this case it was fresh venison jerky, a gift from my wife's brother.

Here's what happens.  When the body intakes high amounts of meat, it has to develop high levels of uric acid in order to break them down. Red meat takes 12 hours, chicken 6 hours, fish 4 hours and vegetables/fruits 2 hours.  This raises the uric acid in your body which causes heartburn, makes your body acidic and your body stores it longer which clogs your liver. When that hits and the levels aren't balanced the acid forms into crystals and attacks your joints which usually start at the toe. This in turn causes inflammation and all hell breaks loose, because it fricken hurts!!!

Now, I'm not saying not to eat meat.  Obviously, if you've been reading my blog you know that I'm what you call a flex-a-tarian. But I do want to talk about balance in your PH, especially after keeping my body in check for over 10 years and thinking, "Oh, I won't get gout again." This was an eye opener.  
So, without further adieu I present Naked Dude Chef's Liver Cleansing Salad (Actually made by my wife cause I couldn't get up to make it) LOL

NAKED DUDE CHEF'S LIVER CLEANSING SALAD
Dark greens (Collard greens, mustard greens, turnip, spinach) , chopped
Arugula, chopped
3 Carrots grated
1/2 green apple, chopped
1/8 cup walnuts, crushed
2 garlic cloves, chopped
Extra Virgin Olive Oil,  to taste
Fresh Lemon juice, to taste
Turmeric powder, 1-2 teaspoon(s)

Put the greens, carrots, apple, walnuts and garlic into a bowl. Add the olive oil to the amount you like, I like a lot, but not too much to drown the salad. Then the lemon juice is next along with turmeric.  Toss and you have an amazing salad.



Now, here's the breakdown of what each ingredient does.
- The greens balance and alkaline your body.
- Carrots clean out the lungs, the liver and other organs
- Apples are high in fiber
- Walnuts are a good source of protein (not animal protein) plus its good for the brain
- Garlic alkalizes the body and is known as Russian penicillin
- Olive Oil controls cholesterol, ulcers, etc.
- Lemon juice is high in alkalinity and vitamin C
- Turmeric is great for cleansing the liver

Now, I'm not a nutritionist, doctor or whatever it is that would get me busted for by putting this up. All I know is that this works for me. So this is my disclaimer! Do some research, find out the benefits of what good healthy food that is unprocessed and organic will do for your body, how it makes you feel and overall aid in living a long and healthy life.  Oh and drink a lot of water because your liver wants a lot of love too. ;)

Blessings to you and your liver,

Naked Dude Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment