Monday, October 11, 2010

*****CONTEST*****

WOW!!!!!

That’s all I can say is, WOW!!!!!!!!! 

This dish here is super hot!!!!!!!

WARNING!!!!!!!!

Now that I can breathe, I gotta say, in order to make this dish and eat it you have to be pretty obsessed with SPICY!!!!!  This dish is super spicy!!!!!  I can’t say it enough!


SPICY!!!!!

(breathing intensely)

How about if I just stop talking and start typing?

Oh and my lips are numb!!!  I can’t feel my lips, I can’t feel my fingers, I can’t feel my toes!!!!

*******NEWSFLASH*******


-NAME MY NAKED DISH CONTEST-
HELP ME NAME THIS DISH
I WILL CREATE AND NAME A RECIPE AFTER THE WINNER.
YOU WILL FOREVER LIVE……….



EXTREMELY NAKED SPICY I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO CALL THIS DISH

*NOTE: Too cool off the heat, make yourself a drink! I like a margarita. I mix up a glass of reposado Centanario tequila, one watermelon juice ice cube and Evolution Brand Organic Ginger Limeade (honestly, the best margarita mixer, none of that high fructose corn syrup, you know.) Back to the recipe. 

1 bunch of asparagus, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 tomato, diced
3 fingerling potatoes, diced
½ white onion, chopped
1-2 jalapenos, chopped (seriously, watch out!!!)
1 tsp curry powder
A slight pour of SoDelicious Coconut milk, to lighten
Salt, to taste
Black Pepper, to taste
1 tsp Arrow root
1/4 cup water
Nutiva Coconut oil 

First, get a pan. I like to use a wok. The heat just transfers differently and makes the food cook more efficiently, in my opinion.  Although I do love Corning ware too.

Heat the pan on medium and add 2 tablespoons of Nutiva coconut oil. That may be a lot of oil for some people because it spreads out quickly, but I love the sound of the sizzle.

Now, throw in the potatoes.  Let it cook for 3-5-minutes. 

Then the onions and jalaaaaaaaaaaaapeno. (breathing hard)

After that, the asparagus goes in.

And finally the red bell peppers and tomato. 

Oh, and the curry, salt, pepper, coconut milk and….what am I missing?  Oh!

The ARROW ROOT.
Arrow root is a white powder that acts as a thickener. Just like cornstarch.  Here’s the best link I know that can explain this. http://www.foodsubs.com/ThickenStarch.html

So to use this, grab a small bowl, water and the arrowroot.  The water has to be room temperature, otherwise it won’t mix right.  Add the tsp of arrowroot to about 1/4 cup water in the bowl. Then mix it together to a paste-like consistency.  Now, while the food is still in the wok, slowly pour in the arrowroot mixture, maybe half a pour to your desired thickness.  Then immediately mix and plate it.




Check out the pic... can you feel the heat?

CALIENTE!!!!!!

Naked Dude Chef

*****P.S. Reminder*****
Help me name this recipe and I will create a dish after the winner.  ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment