Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Naked Dude Chef's Wife's "Apple Pie Toast w/ Orange Vodka Martini ala Basil"

Ok, so when my wife made this for me I almost laughed. Hahaha! Ok, I'm done. ;) 

I told her that no one is going to toast their apples, add cinnamon, waka waka waka.  But, after tasting it I realized that my wife had a great idea. (yeah, don't tell her I said that)

Oh and that's my hand in the pic! And there's a special drink in the too. Its after the recipe. 

*Note: In my next blog I'm posting a link on how to make German bread and where I buy it.

Naked Chef Dude's Wife's Apple Pie Toast

German bread
Earth balance butter
Trader Joe's strawberry preserves
Cinammon, sprinkled
3 apple slices

Slice a piece of the bread. Spread the Earth Balance butter, Trader Joe's strawberry preserves, add 3 slices of apple, sprinkle with cinnamon. Put in toast oven for 5-10 minutes on medium heat. Take out and add basil. (Trust me, it tastes so good)
Vodka orange martini with Basil
Vodka
Evolution Brand Orange Juice
Basil, crushed

In a shaker, add 2 shots of vodka, orange juice to taste and crushed basil. Shake it, pour it and add a sprig of basil on top. 




Bottoms up!

Naked Dude Chef


1 comment:

  1. that looks easy and tasty. cool site! wonder if a little carmel sauce would be good on top.

    ReplyDelete