Saturday, October 16, 2010

Flore Vegan Club

Wow, it seems lately I've been in a vegan mood. I go through spurts you know. Sometimes I eat vegan, sometimes I eat meat, and sometimes I eat nothing. Which makes me really hungry and go nuts!

Today, was a day off with my wifey. We went to this place in Silverlake called Flore. Flore is an all vegan restaurant. We usually get the Vegan Tofu Benedict, which in my opinion is the best vegan benedict in all of Los Angeles. But, that's another story.

Today, we'll be talking about the Tofu Vegan Club sandwich.  First off, this thing is massive. We have lettuce, tomatoes, sprouts, tempeh, baked tofu and 6 grain bread with a side of potato salad. Now, the thing that stands out the most for me with this sandwich is the tofu, its heavenly.  I was curious how they made so I decided to go ask. Apparently, its a secret.  But, they did tell me they baked the tofu.

So, Flore one of these days I'm going to get your secret recipe and share it around the world! But in the meantime, I will just have to eat at your restaurant and try to figure out the seasonings of the baked tofu.

Here's a pic:



Shhhh,

Naked Dude Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment