Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Grass Fed vs Grain Fed

Today for lunch, I wanted a burger. I down right good rare organic grassfed burger. Mmmm, either that or Chipotle's burrito's.  All grass fed. 

Why grass fed?  

Read this:
http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed_beef_in_a_nutshell.htm

Why am I talking about this? Because, MEN, we love to eat our meat and sometimes we go to far. Trust me. I know. (sigh)

So, I thought if I'm going to eat meat (my wife's a vegan folks, it gets tricky) I'm going to eat the best quality.  I'll have a burger or something meaty once or twice a week.  At first I didn't know the difference between grain fed and grass fed, but my body did. 

Eating grass fed just makes me lighter and I have more energy. Plus, it doesn't have all that un-necessary fat (food industry calls it 'marbles' to get you excited about it) but we're smarter than that.  Aren't we? I know I wasn't. 

So here are a list of companies that either make of have good grass fed meats:

Chipotle Restaurants

http://www.texasgrassfedbeef.com/grass_fed_beef_in_a_nutshell.htm

www.texasgrassfedbeef.com

www.eatwild.com/

Or! Go check out your local Wholefoods Markets. 


Enjoy!

Naked Dude Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment