Friday, October 1, 2010

Tempeh Stuffed Naked Red Bell Pepper & Fried Eggplant w/ mango

First off, I gotta say. I'm not the best cook and I wasn't really sure where I was going with this recipe. I sort of like to whip up stuff depending on what is in the fridge.

Today, I found these items to work with and it kind of overwhelmed me.  But in the end, it was an amazing meal.

So as I slip on my wife's apron, grabbed a ladle, and got to work. With a beer in hand. :)

So, there are two different types of dishes here we're going to make. The first is a tempeh stuffed bell pepper and the next is fried eggplant.

Here are the ingredients:

TEMPEH STUFFED NAKED BELL PEPPER & FRIED EGGPLANT W/ MANGO
3 Bunches of Bok Choy, Diced
8 Cloves of Garlic, Minced
2 Red Bell Peppers, tops cut off & seeded
1 Red Hot Chili Pepper, minced (Not Anthony Keidis)
2 "Baby Bella" portabello mushrooms
2 handfuls of Cashews, crushed
Crumbled Tempeh
3 Tablespoons of Nutiva Coconut oil.
Salt
Pepper
Sugar

FRIED EGGPLANT
2 Japanese Eggplant, sliced
1/2 Yellow Onion, sliced
And a beer...to drink while waiting.

Mango
Sliced or cubed.

First, for the stuffed bell peppers, mix in all the ingredients (except for the bell peppers) with Nutiva Coconut oil and stir fry on medium heat. Add some salt, pepper and sugar to taste. Sometimes, I like to stir fry on super high heat, cause I love the sound of sizzling. *swig of beer*

After the stir fry is done, stuff the bell pepper with it, to the max.

Next, the fried eggplant. First I cut them in half, sliced off most of the skin, and put it in the pan with some Nutiva Coconut oil.  Get both sides of the eggplant dosed with the coconut  and let it fry.

Then, with the yellow onion in a different pan, I stir fry that.  Add some salt and pepper to taste.

As for the mango, slice it or cubed. Whichever way you like.

I plated it like this. Bell Pepper (stuffed), extra slices of tempeh, fried eggplant w/ grilled onions on top and mango.  Here's a pic. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment